Saturday 2 June 2012

Taylor Swift Pays Respects To Fallen Marine

  After coming across a touching YouTube video, Taylor Swift reached out to the family of a U.S. Marine who died in Afghanistan during combat on Friday.

  The "Safe & Sound" singer sent flowers and a note to Sergeant Wade Wilson's family after watching the video posted by the Sergent's best friend, Corporal Josh Marreel, who starts the video by saying, "Alright, so this is a shout out to the one and only Taylor Swift."

  The soldier continues, "I know you have no idea who I am but this video isn't about me. This is about a good buddy, Sgt. Wade D. Wilson, who was killed in action Friday, May 11, 2012 in Afghanistan." Mr. Marreel adds, “Anybody that knew Willy personally knew that he worshiped you. He even slept with a poster of you in between our beds in Afghanistan."

  Josh Marreel then asks Taylor to "think about him," and personally invites her to Wilson's funeral services in Texas.After seeing the video, Ms. Swift responded with flowers and a note that reads, “Wade, thank you for loving my music. I won’t forget it and I will never forget you. All my love, Taylor Swift."

No comments:

Post a Comment